ARE YOU LOOKING TO MAKE YOUR CORPORATE GIFT GIVING SUSTAINABLE AND ECO-FRIENDLY, ECO-FRIENDLY BUDDY?
Giving gifts to clients and employees is a quick way to affirm important relationships. Everyone appreciates a thoughtful gesture like a small gift or a note of thanks. But what if that gift also helps you and your clients save the planet?
WHAT IS SUSTAINABLE CORPORATE GIFTING?
Sustainable gifts help your clients and employees reduce waste and embrace a climate-friendly lifestyle. They can also help you make a statement about your values.
Instead of reaching for another plastic pen or gift basket emblazoned with your company colors, think about how you can help people lower their daily impact and become more environmentally responsible.
A sustainable gift given by your company says three things:
1. We appreciate your contribution to our company/business.
2. We care about the earth and reducing our impact.
3. We want to help you do the same.
WHO SHOULD GIVE SUSTAINABLE GIFTS?
If you’re a business owner wanting to align your business or brand with sustainable choices, consider gifts that give back to the earth. They showcase your commitment to environmental responsibility and build staff and customer loyalty. More than simply sharing eco friendly promotional products, gifts to clients and employees show recognition and appreciation.
WHO SHOULD RECEIVE SUSTAINABLE GIFTS?
Forbes magazine recently reported “value attributes” such as handmade, artisanal, and sustainably made client and customer gifts are more desirable and memorable than other gifts given by businesses. Not only that, C-suite executives preferred these types of environmentally friendly gifts. (Hint: They’re not just for the mailroom clerk.).
WHAT MAKES A GIFTS SUSTAINABLE?
“Sustainable” isn’t a term that’s regulated, but this catchword generally includes gifts that fall into one of the following categories:
Gifts made from eco friendly, recycled or repurposed materials
Items that include locally sourced or organic materials
Items with alternative materials or those made from certified sustainable processes (e.g. free from harmful dyes, bleaching, etc.)
Items that can help eliminate single-use plastics (e.g. zero waste alternatives)
Products that have achieved certification for sustainable industry standards
WHAT ARE THE BEST BUSINESS GIFTING CRITERIA?
The best sustainable corporate gifts meet the following criteria:
- Reinforce your company values. If your business wants to send the message that it supports reducing plastic in the workplace, giving a reusable glass coffee cup or set of beeswax wraps demonstrates your commitment to the issue. It also shares a useful item.
- Reflect the quality of your relationship. Businesses give top clients gifts that say something about their contribution to the company. That often means a higher value gift for more important clients, VPs, and executives. But it’s more important to think quality over quantity.
- Adhere to company policy. Some companies do have restrictions around what value of gift an employee can accept. Be sure to familiarize yourself with these rules if you’re giving outside your own business.
- Are personalized. Adding a personal note of thanks or greeting to your gift’s card helps your gift feel more sincere. If you can’t add a personal note, ask someone else to do this for you. A handwritten note signals your connection with the gift and the receiver.
- Are artfully presented. How you wrap or present a gift adds to its value. Skimping on the outside can quickly devalue what’s inside.
- Are useful. Think about what people can use and veer towards practicality.
- Aren’t always branded. There was a time when adding your company logo or message to a gift was a given. Not any more. Now some branded gifts send the message that you want your company to be remembered more than you want to thank the gift’s receiver. Is this a present, a promotional gift, or a marketing opportunity?
- Aren’t just for the holidays. More companies are moving towards a New Year’s gift, when presents are less likely to be lost in the glut of Christmas and seasonal giving. Giving birthday gifts is another way to show a personal touch.
Remember that in the end, this is your chance to show appreciation for those who mean something to your business. Clients and employees remember your thoughtfulness and carry that with them all year long.
With our range of eco-friendly products, let us know how can we help you if ever eco-friendly buddy!